TAKE IT TO THE WALL -PODCAST HOST- ART ROUTE RADIO
RURAL CREATIVES -REGENERATIVE COMMUNITY SPECIALIST
RURAL CREATES -COMMUNITY THROUGH ART
WAYFINDER SOCIAL ECONOMIC STRATEGIES
WAYFINDER (PUBLIC ART) ART STRATEGIES MASTER ARTIST & MURALIST
PUBLIC ART CONSULTING
CREATIVE COMMUNITY SPECIALIST
ART Educator & ART Influencer
ROUTE BLUE +WAYFINDER ART YOUTH SIGNATURE PROJECTS Engagement between people, support skills and education, build communities through public art and public art events
CREATING PARTNERSHIP COMMUNITY PROJECTS with COMMUNITIES, FIRST and All NATIONS, YOUTH, SENIORS, GOVERNMENT AND RESOURCE COMPANIES while CREATING ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL CHANGE Leaving sustainability for youth, communities and the future
Michelle Loughery is a community art consultant that brings communities together through community art experiences.” Wayfinder Art “is her philosophy of using skills taught through public community art in action, as a vehicle to delivering a new effective way of bridging the gap between youth and working life, and to inclusion for all in community building.
Engaging community and community arts is a tangible way to build economic and social growth in a connections strategy that brings multilayered stakeholders together.
• Program and Project Management of community projects with small and multi -‐million dollar budgets.
• Wide experience in educational programming
• Extensive experience in trade and skills employment program creation.
• Extensive knowledge in community economic and tourism development
• Experience in non-‐ profit management and start up including creating strategies to encourage stakeholder and capacity building.
• First Nation Community Inclusion Experience-‐Developing first nation youth employment and art programs: acquiring economic development, cultural and arts funding.
• Stakeholder engagement. Government relations-‐ First Nations, municipal and federal. Grass root engagement and inclusion through youth programming.
• Development of educational systems for cultural art education systems delivered through BC Education Toolkit. BIG IDEAS• Management of multi level organizations with multi – million dollar budgets
Loughery Mural Artworks Foundation 2009-‐2014 Community Art and Youth Employment Charity Education and Community Art Strategies with delivery in BC Education Toolkit Michelle Loughery Murals 1999-‐2014 Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame/Merritt Walk of Stars 2005 -‐2012 Michelle Loughery Program Creator/Director Duties:
• Act as liaison between governments, educators, shareholders and community providing key communications and strategies • Organized, coordinated events for 2009 CCMA Award Show and Country Music Week held in Vancouver, BC. Liaised Between Toronto Headquarters and Vancouver Planning committee
• Maintain public relations and grow community and stakeholders relationships both provincially and nationally. • Manage and build media relationships • Responsible for developing, planning, administrating programs and deliverable community development art and employment programming. Managing budget and grant strategies, goals and mandates of organizations.
• Secure and manage funds form government and federal and corporate sources/managing funding proposals, negotiating partnerships and developing new partnership relations including multicultural and First Nations partnerships.
Responsible for crews of at risk youth in Art and Trades Programming in delivery while creating huge public art murals.
• Creating tourism strategies and partnerships • Development policy and procedure programming for organization • Researched prepared and presented strategic business plans, marketing plans financial plans and human resource development plans.
• Project art and construction site • Created and provided extensive strategies and consulting to Board of Directors • Extensive grant application/strategic planning with stakeholders nationally and provincially.